Chlorhexidine is a bisbiguanide antisep-tic and disinfectant that is bactericidal or bacteriostatic against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. It inhibits mycobacteria, fungi and some viruses. Chlorhexidine is most active at a neutral or slightly acidic pH. It is used for disinfection of skin, clean instruments and hard surfaces in a concentration of 0.05 to 0.5% in water or 70% alcohol.
- Store at room temperature
- Miscible with water
- Solved in H2O
- H302 Harmful if swallowed
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation
- H410 Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
- P231 Handle under inert gas
- P273 Avoid release to the environment
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P301 IF SWALLOWED:
- P305 IF IN EYES:
- P312 Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell
- P351 Rinse continuously with water for several minutes
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.