Bacteriostatic antibioticum with activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Within the cell tetracyclines bind reversible to the 30S subunit of the ribosome, preventing the binding of aminoacyl transfer RNA and inhibiting protein synthesis and hence cell growth.
- Store at 2-8 °C
- Soluble in water
- Protect from light
- H315 Causes skin irritation
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation
- H335 May cause respiratory irritation
- H361 Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child
- P201 Obtain special instructions before use
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P308 IF exposed or concerned:
- P313 Get medical advice/attention
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.