CHAPS is a nondenaturing zwitterionic detergent suitable for use as a solubilizing agent for membrane proteins. Combines the useful properties of both sulfobetaine-type and the bile salt detergents. The low background absorption in the UV region is an attractive feature for use in the UV monitoring of membrane proteins. CHAPS can be easily removed by dialysis or gel filtration.L.M. Hjelmeland, A nondenaturing zwitterionic detergent for membrane biochemistry, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 77, 6368 (1980).
- Store at room temperature
- Soluble in water
- H315 Causes skin irritation
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P302 IF ON SKIN:
- P305 IF IN EYES:
- P351 Rinse continuously with water for several minutes
- P352 Wash with soap and water
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.