Erythromycin is a macrolide antibioticum with a bacteriostatic action against primarily gram positive bacteria. It binds reversibly to the 50S subunit of the ribosome, resulting in blockage of the transpeptidation or translocation reactions, inhibition of protein synthesis and hence inhibition of cell growth.
- Store dry at room temperature
- Soluble in ethanol
- H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction
- H334 May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
- P261 Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P311 Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician
- P342 If experiencing respiratory symptoms:
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.