5-Fluorouracil, a pyrimydine analogue, is an antineoplastic agent that acts as an antimetabolite to uracil. After intra-cellular conversion to the active deoxynucleotide, it interferes with the synthesis of DNA by blocking the conver-sion of deoxyuridylic acid to thymidylic acid by the cellular enzyme thymidylate synthetase.
- Store at 2-8 °C
- Soluble in water (10 g/l)
- Loss on drying < 0.5%
- H301 Toxic if swallowed
- H312 Harmful in contact with skin
- H332 Harmful if inhaled
- H350 May cause cancer
- H360 May damage fertility or the unborn child
- P201 Obtain special instructions before use
- P281 Use personal protective equipment as required
- P301 IF SWALLOWED:
- P308 IF exposed or concerned:
- P310 Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician
- P313 Get medical advice/attention
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.