Kanamycin is an aminoglycoside antibioticum and has a bactericidal action against many gram-negative bacteria. Aminoglycosides are taken up into sensitive bacterial cells by an active transport proces. Within the cell they bind to the 30S and to some extent to the 50S subunits of the bacterial ribosome, inhibiting protein synthesis and generating errors in the transcription of the genetic code. Kanamycin is used as a selective agent for the incorporation of the NPT II (AH3’) gene in plant tissue.
- Store at room temperature
- Soluble in water
- Kanamycin A sulfate
- H360 May damage fertility or the unborn child
- P201 Obtain special instructions before use
- P281 Use personal protective equipment as required
- P308 IF exposed or concerned:
- P313 Get medical advice/attention
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.