6-Mercaptopurine is an antineoplastic agent that acts as an antimetabolite. It is an analogue of the natural purines hypoxanthine and adenine. After the intracellular conversion of mercaptopurine to active nucleotides, it appears to exhibit a variety of actions including interference with nucleic acid synthesis.
- Store at room temperature
- Soluble in ethanol
- Under inert gas
- H301 Toxic if swallowed
- H331 Toxic if inhaled
- H341 Suspected of causing genetic defects
- H351 Suspected of causing cancer
- H360 May damage fertility or the unborn child
- P202 Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood
- P281 Use personal protective equipment as required
- P307 IF exposed:
- P310 Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.