Neomycin is an aminoglycoside with a bactericidal action against many gram-negative bacteria. Aminoglycosides are taken up into sensitive bacteria by an active transport proces. In the cell they bind to 30S and to some extent to the 50S subunits of the bacterial ribosome, inhibiting protein synthesis and generating errors in the trans-cripton of the genetic code. Neomycin is used as a selective agent for the incorporation of the NPT II (AP-H3’) gene in plant tissue.
- Store at room temperature
- Soluble in water (500 g/l / 20 °C)
- H315 Causes skin irritation
- H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation
- H334 May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
- H361 Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child
- P261 Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P305 IF IN EYES:
- P311 Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician
- P342 If experiencing respiratory symptoms:
- P351 Rinse continuously with water for several minutes
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.