Minocycline is a bacteriostatic antibioticum with activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Minocycline has a spectrum of activity the same as tetracycline but witha better microbial activity against many species. Within the cell minocycline binds reversible to the 30S subunit of the ribosome, preventing the binding of aminoacyl transfer RNA and inhibiting protein synthesis and hence cell growth.
- Store at 2-8 °C
- Slightly soluble in water
- Protect from light
- H315 Causes skin irritation
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation
- H335 May cause respiratory irritation
- H360 May damage fertility or the unborn child
- H362 May cause harm to breast-fed children
- P201 Obtain special instructions before use
- P263 Avoid contact during pregnancy/while nursing
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P308 IF exposed or concerned:
- P313 Get medical advice/attention
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.