Nalidixic acid is active against gram-negative bacteria. The antibioticum is considered to act by interfering with the replication of bacterial DNA, probably by inhibiting DNA gyrase (topoi-somerase) activity.
- Store at room temperature
- Slightly soluble in water (0.1 g/l 23 ºC)
- H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction
- H334 May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
- H351 Suspected of causing cancer
- H361 Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child
- P202 Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood
- P261 Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P308 IF exposed or concerned:
- P311 Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician
- P313 Get medical advice/attention
- P342 If experiencing respiratory symptoms:
Contact us if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.