ONPG is a colorimetric and spectrophotometric substrate for detection of ß-galactosidase activity. ONPG is cleaved by ß-galactosidase via hydrolysis at the ß-1-4-glycosidic bond be-tween 2-nitrophenol and galactose. The released 2-nitro-p-henol is measured spectrophotometrically at 405 nm. The absorbance intensity at this wave-length is directly related to the specific activity.
- Store dry at 2-8 °C
- Soluble in water, DMSO and DMF
- Protect from light and moisture
- H335 May cause respiratory irritation
- P261 Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray
- P304 IF INHALED:
- P340 Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.