Paromomycin is an aminoglycoside antibioticum and has a mode of action similar to kanamycin and neomycin. It is used as a selective agent for the incorporation of the NPT II (-APH-3’) gene in plant tissue. Because of the switch of the 3’ NH2 and 6’ OH group in the 3-Amino-3-deoxyluco-se ring of both antibioticums, paromomycin causes a higher misreading in plantcells and can be a better selec-tive agent than kanamycin and neomycin.
- M.W. base: 615.6
- Store dry at room temperature, soluble in water(250 g/l / 20°C)
- H315 Causes skin irritation
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation
- H335 May cause respiratory irritation
- H360 May damage fertility or the unborn child
- P201 Obtain special instructions before use
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P308 IF exposed or concerned:
- P313 Get medical advice/attention
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.