Sulphamethoxazole is a bacteriostatic antibioticum. It has a similar structure as p-aminobenzoic acid and interferes with the synthesis of nucleic acids in sensitive micro-organisms by blocking the conversion of p-aminobenzoic acid to the coenzyme dihydrofolic acid, a reduced form of folic acid.
- Store at room temperature
- Soluble in ethanol
- H315 Causes skin irritation
- H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation
- H335 May cause respiratory irritation
- P261 Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P305 IF IN EYES:
- P351 Rinse continuously with water for several minutes
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.