Tetracycline is a bacteriostatic antibioticum with activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Within the cell tetracycline binds reversible to the 30S subunit of the ribosome, preventing the binding of aminoacyl transfer RNA and inhibiting protein synthesis and hence cell growth. Used as a selective marker for the transformation of plasmids encoding for tetracycline resistance (Tetr) such as pBR-322, pBR-325 and pMB9.
- Store dry at room temperature
- Slightly soluble in water
- H315 Causes skin irritation
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation
- H335 May cause respiratory irritation
- H361 Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child
- H362 May cause harm to breast-fed children
- P202 Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood
- P260 Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P305 IF IN EYES:
- P351 Rinse continuously with water for several minutes
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.