Trimethoprim is active against gram-negative and gram-positive aerobic bacteria. The antibioticum is a dihydrofolate reductase inhibitor. It inhibits the conversion of dihydrofolic acid to tetrahydrofolic acid, which is necessary for the synthesis of amino acids, purines, thymidines and ultimately DNA synthesis. Resistance may develop very fast.
- Store dry at room temperature
- Soluble in propyleneglycol
- H302 Harmful if swallowed
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P301 IF SWALLOWED:
- P312 Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.