Vancomycin is a glycopeptide antibioticum. It inhibits the formation of the peptidoglycan polymers of the bacterial cell wall. Unlike penicillins that act primarily to prevent the crosslinking of peptidoglycans that give the cell its strength, vancomycin prevents the transfer and addition of the muramylpentapeptide building blocks that form the peptidoglycan molecule itself. Vancomycin is often used in combination with cefotaxime or carbenicillin to obtain a synergism in antimicrobial activity against bacteria. Especially used for Agro-bacterium species with a high ß-lactamase -pro-duction.
- Store dry at 2-8 °C
- Soluble in water (200 g/l)
- H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation
- P235 Keep cool
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P305 IF IN EYES:
- P313 Get medical advice/attention
- P337 If eye irritation persists:
- P351 Rinse continuously with water for several minutes
if your Certificate of Analysis is not listed here.